Step One: God loves you and has a purpose and plan for your life.
John 10:10 “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
Step Two: There’s a problem. Something is missing–A relationship with God.
Romans 3:23 “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Step Three: Jesus provided the only way to God.
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we
were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Step Four: Our response needs to be to receive Christ.
Romans 10:9 “If you confess with our mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe
in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you be saved.”
*How do you receive Christ?
1. Admit your need. (I am a sinner. I’ve been running my own life.)
2. Be wiling to turn from your sin.
3. Trust that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the
4. Invite Jesus Christ to come into your life and lead you in a new
relationship with God.
Here is a prayer you can pray:
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from running my own life, and now I ask You to run it. I invite You to come into my heart and life. I trust and follow You as myLord and Savior. In Your name, amen.”
How do you know your are saved?
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–
and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–not by works, so
that no one can boast.”
What do you need to do now?
1. Read God’s Book–the Bible. It’s good to start with the Gospel of
John in the New Testament.
2. Talk with God through prayer.
3. Join others who worship, fellowship, and serve Christ in a church that
teaches about Jesus.
4. Live for Christ by letting Him guide your life every day.
5. Tell others about how they can have a relationship with God.
*This information is taken from “Steps to Peace with God” a pamphlet published by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.